Sunday worship is a traditional service beginning at 8:00 am
Methodism came to Batavia (Creaseville) with the first settlers in 1840. It was a preaching stop for the Rev. Jesse Herbert of the Iowa District while riding is circuit.
In 1865, construction for a regular church meeting place was finished. By 1889, a larger building was needed, and approved. The new building was completed at the current location in 1900. In 1939, the building was destroyed by fire, and the replacement was built and dedicated in 1941. The original bell from the first building still rings from the current belfry.