- Sunday worship is a traditional service beginning at 11:00 am
- Sunday school is at 9:45 am
Agency United Methodist Church began as the first Methodist Society organized in Wapello County, and was founded as a church on November 3, 1844, by Reverend Thomas Kirkpatrick with six charter members. For several years services were held at the Old Council House, until a 24 by 36-foot frame building was erected in 1854.
In 1885, construction on a brick building at the current location, the corner of Wapello and College Streets, was completed. That building was destroyed by fire in 1939. The new church building to replace it was consecrated in 1940. An education wing was added in 1970.